“Red, White, Blue, and Catholic” is a faith book that will release ahead of the 2016 election, but it is not a voting guide. Rather than asking “how can we VOTE,” this book asks, “what can we DO?” – and offers practical action steps readers can take to make a difference in their communities. It is not a partisan book for political debates, but rather shows how faith and politics can work together for the betterment of the community.
- Include title: “Red, White, Blue, and Catholic”. We would prefer an original title treatment that makes the text more than just words on a page, but rather incorporates it creatively into the cover design.
- Include byline: “Stephen P. White”
- Design must be modern and clean, not complicated or cluttered. This book is for the average Catholic, so don’t make it too churchy.
- Design must use the colors red, white, and blue WITHOUT using an image of an American flag. See attached sample images of similar book covers that incorporate these colors without simply putting a flag on the cover. You are still allowed to use stars or stripes elements in some way, but you must do it in a way that is creative or original. However, stay away from anything that makes faith look too political, like elephants and donkeys, or a red, white, and blue church.
- Follow all technical specifications (see Other).
You can take creative liberties for the design, but here are some possible concepts.
Concept 1: Create a cover in which the title treatment is the main feature. For example, you could splash the colors red and blue over the cover, like a watercolor painting, and then write the title “Red, White, Blue, and Catholic” in a bold white font in the center.
Concept 2: Create a cover that symbolizes the concept of being American without using an American flag or political image. For example, you could show the table of a Fourth-of-July-style barbeque, using the colors red, white, and blue.
Concept 3: Your own idea! Use red, white, and blue. No flags.