Hello - Thank you for entering this contest.
You are developing a golf tournament logo (clean professional) that has a title sponsor (KPI Bridge Oil) and supports the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, a maritime Federal U.S. military/maritime Academy which resides in Kings Point, NY (hence the KP). This is a difficult logo, because conceptually, it must include two logos, of which cannot be modified, altered or misshaped. Without even doing anything, the logo is already busy. I need some artists to shift around the two logos, and text, to make the best looking logo that can brand our tournament for the next three years.
KPI Bridge Oil Blue and Gray Golf Classics
Blue CMYK 100,69,0,12
Gray (various shades have seemed to work)
Green - ONLY small accents have seemed to work. I have not seen logos work that use a lot of the green. (beware)
Here is a checklist that may help you all:
1. I have used the two original logos
1a. I understand that I am making a Law Firm, Corporate Business, logo and NOT an animated, busy cartoonish logo. I understand this logo will be used for major sponsorship and business proposals. I am thinking more business, sharp, crisp than clip art, imagery like logo.
2. I have used Blue, Gray as main colors
3. I only used green as a subtle accent color, not as a dominant color
4. I have not altered or modified the two original logos.
5. I went to http://www.kpibridgeoil.com to see company and how it markets.
6. I went to http://www.blueandgraygolf.com to see current model
7. I placed “Blue and Gray Golf Classics” under KPI Bridge Oil logo. I have separated the two with a line with separations where the P and G drop below the line. (this seems to look best)
8. I have used solids to build texture, art and shadows, and not gradients.
9. I have not used the KP in KPI as the use of KP in the logo, meaning I have not merged the two concepts.
10. I have not made "Blue and Gray Golf Classics" different colors.
11. I can use "&" or "and" in "Blue and Gray Golf Classics" (whichever I prefer)
12. I have looked at this jpg on the left at this link:
13. I will NOT use golf ball images or other golf related images in my image. See 1b.
14. I understand NOT add any other images to the logo. We're finding it's not working. Horizontal is best. Do not add dramatic curves to the logo. Subtle rounded corners can work, but dramatic circles do not work.