We want a new app icon with a new art direction. We love the quality of our current icon, but we feel that the art direction isn't quite right. It shows an emoji in an envelope, which suggests mail, but the app is much more for SMS, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp etc. So what is special about 'Big Emoji Keyboard'?
- BIG colorful custom artwork. Our artists made fun new characters.
- A cool 'sticker mode'
- You can set it up as an iOS8 keyboard and use it directly in iMessage etc.
- You can make your own emojis from photos!
Its hard to make an 'emoji app' icon stand out because there are so many 'emoji apps'. (Search 'emoji' on the app store and see.) So we are looking for your creativity. Some possible direction (but really we are open to new ideas):
- a cool way to layout some of our existing artwork?
- create a new character just for the icon?
- convey fun with iMessage?
- convey BIG stickers?
- a minimalist iOS7 'flat' style design?
I'm including a zip file that has some of our artwork thats in the app. You can use it if you want, but you don't have to.
iOS app icons need to be 1024 x 1024 in the largest size, and NOT have rounded corners. But please design knowing that it will be used in the small 1cm square size, so don't focus on 1024 full screen. It has to look good at 120x120px. Small details get lost at small sizes. In fact you should probably submit early round previews at 120x120px. I'm including a template in the zip file for you to preview the icon in an app store listing. (Depending on the design, we may ask for the final icon to be hand 'tweaked' at some of the small sizes, depending on how it scales up or down.)