We are in the late stages of development on a new lab coat fabric that we are calling M3 (the 3 is an exponent and should be raised like M^3) Fabric.
This new fabric is comprised of several key features that we would like to illustrate using a diagram overlaid onto a cross-section of lab coat fabric.
Please see this page for something close to what we're looking for: http://ministryofsupply.com/pages/technology
What we like about these is that they are subtle and not very flashy, featuring more neutral & washed out colors, rounded corners, and a simplicity that is a great match for the website. We will feature the illustrations like this in a grid - so consistency is key.
Our illustrations will live inside a page like this on our new website: http://www.clinicianscrubs.com/our-…coats.html
Here are the illustrations we will need:
1. Moisture Wicking - Pulls sweat and moisture away from your skin and pushes it into the air.
2. Keeps you cool - Breathable fabric keeps you cool where it matters most.
3. Bacteriostatic - Prevents odors from trapping in the garment & virtually neutralizes odors.
4. Quick dry - Dries 4 times faster than cotton, reducing time and energy required for laundering.
5. Environmentally Friendly - C6-based economical PFOA-free repellence protection (link to this tech is here: http://textiles.archroma.com/nuva-n1811/).
6. Repels fluids - Repel fluids with nanotechnology that creates a fluid barrier on the outside of the fabric. See real-life example here:
7. Extreme durability - All features work for the lifetime of the garment.
8. Color integrity - Bright white - The look and feel of the fabric reduces color discoloration from perspiration or wear from usage.
9. Wrinkle resistant - Resists and releases wrinkling, fading, or pilling. Easy to wear.
10. Lightweight - A lighter weight performance fabric that is engineered to be lighter and more durable than cotton.
11. Soft - We use high denured, small silk-like yarns for a soft hand with a brushed finish.
12. Releases stains - A nanotechnology that dramatically improves stain release during laundering.
13. Stretch - 2-way mechanical stretch for comfort and range of motion.
14. Stretch - 4-way mechanical stretch (note: we may do this in the future, but will need an illustration for this also)
15. The perfect performance fabric for healthcare - Dual effects on the inside and outside (note: this illustration should show inside v. outside combining aspects of items 1-12, i.e. INSIDE - wicks moisture, breathable (cooling), and odor-free & OUTSIDE - repels soils and stains, highly durable, always looks new/bright white, and feels soft and lightweight.
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THESE ILLUSTRATIONS:
1. Depth - 3-D is a must - as if they are coming out of the screen.
2. Modern - The look must be modern and clean.
3. Technical - This is all about technology.
4. Simple & Clear - A visitor should know what each means without reading the descriptions.
5. Dobby weave - most or all illustrations should show a subtle dobby weave texture that is signature to our lab coat fabric. See real-life example here: http://www.medelita.com/design/imag…pic-bg.jpg
Please be creative and have fun with this!!