A. Project: Brand Development: Develop a brand system for Pursuit. Elements include:
3. Colors and color scheme
Other: Potentially a tag line
B. Objectives: Logo design and visual system
Our primary objectives are to:
• Develop a brand platform with a systematic design structure
• Develop visual standards that will bridge current marketing materials with future materials
• Design a brand strategy that positions Pursuit as a flexible and savvy partner
• Create a design system that is distinctive and appropriate
Our secondary objective is to achieve a brand in a restrictive timeline. We have an immediate need to identify the brand and supporting design system.
C. Background / overview
Founded in 2008, Pursuit Consulting was a consulting-only firm working with clients from a variety of industries. In 2011 the firm merged with a technology company to develop solutions targeted to the Life Sciences industry. Today the firm is a consulting and technology solutions provider dedicated to the integration of sales and marketing efforts.
Going forward, the firm will go by “Pursuit”. We have employed the current green and grey colors since the beginning. As Pursuit we want to explore options to represent the firm visually. It should be said that we don’t think too many people know who we are beyond our immediate network, so we are open to new colors, though we also feel that the current color scheme has served us well. So, the new brand does not necessarily need to introduce a new color scheme.
Pursuit is a consulting and software solutions firm dedicated to the integration of sales and marketing efforts. We strive to bring a seamless, relevant and valuable experience to our customers, sales and marketing professionals. We help our customers achieve a greater level of efficiency and effectiveness through the alignment of departments, strong communication and collaboration.
We work with customers to define and achieve desired outcomes. We accomplish objectives through Agile Management, in other words, by short sprints, rather than long marathons. We define a level of readiness across various functions and move toward sustainable self-sufficiency for the organization. We believe measurement is a key component to achieving desired outcomes; therefore, we measure everything we do.
Our principle focus is in support of Life Sciences companies, however we also empower B2B and Financial Service companies. Any organization with a significant Sales and Marketing presence is a potential target for us.
Mirroring our consulting approach, our software solution, ClearSky, is geared toward sales and marketing organizations seeking a better understand of their customers and prospects, strengthen their relationships, and conduct discussions and deliver communications in an intelligent, data-driven way. Our technology enables marketing to better allocate their marketing investments, better develop relevant content, and better target their tactics. It also provides Sales Professionals with a means to focus their efforts on selling with sophisticated content targeting and the means to quarterback their customer relationships. Our recommendation engine provides SPs with content and tactical recommendations that have the greatest probability of improving their customer relationships. It empowers them by serving up the universe of communications and touch points the customer has engaged with and will be seeing or hearing in the future. With this information, the SP is able to utilize recommendations as provided or customize them based on their perception of the scenario. They also can alter communications coming from other channels, so that there is orchestration between the channels and a single voice coming from the brand.
Pursuit believes in being mindful of our customer’s reality and transparent in our communication of their state of affairs. We ask a lot of questions, and we do a lot of listening. We share information with our customers and their service providers to bridge collaboration gaps. Where there is a communication, or process, breakdown, we fix it. We are a team dedicated to mitigating the risks and delivering the best organization, process and technology to fit our customers’ needs.
D. Target audience
• Life Sciences clients: senior level sales and marketing personnel. These clients are used to large consulting firms that provide canned consulting services and solution providers whose technology lacks innovation and is ultimately not aligned with the client’s business outcomes. They allocate large budgets only to be left without a realistic plan to execute on or a solution that meets long-terms goals. They need a partner in helping them achieve their desired outcomes.
• Potential partners who identify with Pursuit’s mission of transforming the way in which sales and marketing organizations work. We want to work with partners who are diligent, focused, effective, flexible, and want to collaborate on bringing relevant solutions to our clients.
E. Brand personality: Diligent, flexible/agile, focused, smart, streamlined, experienced