1. The last name "Wiese" is pronounced "We-see" as in "We see things clearly." Consider using symbol of eye or something representative of vision to play on pronunciation of last name and possible tag line: "Legal Vision and Performance." See attached sketches.
2. This is a father and son, two-man team, so it would be cool to communicate duality or working in tandem into logo some how. Perhaps with letter "W", interlocking "V"s ?.
3. It may be too much to combine both concepts, perhaps focus on one or the other.
4. Another possible tagline or values to be communicated in logo: "Quality. Integrity. Compassion." The type of law we focus on involves helping people plan for and transition after a death, i.e., estate planning, wills, probate.
5. For remainder of contest, please disregard points 1-4 above. Create logo with WIESE LAW and a square with the letter W (or WL) inside.