Equip A Space is a renaming of an existing Spaceway catalogue division, SAC Industrial. Historically SAC Industrial has operated for the last 20 years as initially a mail-order catalogue company, to then becoming a catalogue business with a website in the last 7 years.
Equip A Space are currently in the design and build stage of a large e-commerce project on a Magento platform, with an estimated go-live date of mid-August
The product offering will be circa 10,000 industrial storage, workspace and consumables products that are supplied to business, predominately industrial warehouses and/ or large-scale offices. Everything from high costs complex products like pallet bay racking, through to consumable products like shelf labelling for warehouses.
Other product categories would include:
• Industrial racking and shelving
• Cabinets & Cupboards
• Trucks & Trolleys
• Storage Bins
• Ladders & Steps
• Lockers & Hazardous Cupboards
• Warehouse Flooring ID & Signage
A copy of the existing catalogue can be viewed as a flipbook or downloaded as a PDF on the current SAC Industrial holding page website https://sacindustrial.co.uk/
Spaceway, the parent company, is an industrial design and build specialised company, that is long established (40 years) specialising in mezzanine floors, warehouse fit-outs and office workspace design. To read more about the parent company and to see the branding colours that are required please visit the Spaceway website http://spaceway.co.uk/
SAC Industrial is not a well-known brand and has no established brand value or recognition. Hence there is no requirement to see an evolution of the existing logo. This existing logo can be totally disregarded.
The original naming concept for SAC was to abbreviate the offering of ‘Storage and Consumables’ hence the SAC. to the industrial marketplace. Additionally, it has failed to establish a link to the Spaceway company or brand which is well known and recognised in the industrial and construction marketplace
The positioning of Equip A Space will be a closer alignment to the parent company Spaceway.
Equip A Space will require a logo that considers the following aspects…
1. Emphasis or implication that this is an e-commerce business and not a traditional catalogue business with a website. Therefore, potentially highlighting in the design the “E” to represent e-commerce or an online/web presence.
2. Trying to utilise or include within the design an association to the Spaceway ‘red square’ that is used in the Spaceway logo above the letter S. Potentially using it within a lower case “i” in the word Equip?
3. Designing a logo to include either the proposed strapline “for all your workspace needs” or a variance of a strapline that defines that Equip Space are the supplier of industrial workspace equipment, supplies and consumable products.
4. The design must adhere to the four main colours for both Spaceway and the existing SAC Industrial logo. They are Blue, Red, Grey and White. Pantone references are attached to brief
5. The logo will need to appeal to a blue-collar UK decision maker. The average customer will be an operations manager or a warehouse manager. They are practical hands consumer who will have a specific requirement for their industrial workspace. So, they are looking for simplicity, or a no thrills company.
6. The logo needs to have an industrial feel to it. Robust, reliable and trustworthy. A no-nonsense and simple to view and understand logo and strapline instantly and easily.
The following are direct competitors and may be of assistance in viewing how our competitors have designed and positioned their logos
Big Dug - http://www.bigdug.co.uk/
Key Industrial - https://www.key.co.uk
Rapid Racking - https://www.rapidracking.com/
ESE Direct - https://www.esedirect.co.uk/
Storage Solutions - https://bott-workshop-cabinets.co.uk/
CSI - http://www.bott-workplace.co.uk