1) We are looking for overall branding. The winning design must include a logo, color palette, shapes, and font details to be used throughout marketing materials. We will also require an inverted logo and color palette for application onto dark backgrounds. The new September 2013 design criteria may be found here:
The newly released (September 2013) OWASP artwork is available for download here. (Other examples would be based on prior versions of the OWASP artwork):
2) Designs must convey AppSec USA's affiliation with OWASP. Specifically, the OWASP logo must be featured within the AppSec USA logo. The following examples incorporate the OWASP logo in varying degrees of subtlety:
Stylized variations of the OWASP logo may be acceptable provided they clearly depict/represent the OWASP brand. For example, the following will be use for an event happening within the AppSec USA conference:
3) AppSec USA 2014 will be held in Denver, Colorado, USA. Dates: September 16-19 2014. Thematic ties to Denver are encouraged but not required. Suggestions include but are not limited to mountains, winter sports, the Colorado state flag, the Denver skyline, etc.
The date of the conference is important. Solutions incorporating the date, or allowing date to be added adjacent are ideal. There may be uses where the date is not used.
Examples of past OWASP events in Colorado which incorporate these elements may be found here:
4) The event preceding the event for this contest is AppSec USA 2013. It will be held this year in New York City.
5) The target audience is a technical crowd with backgrounds in web technologies, software development, and cybersecurity. Thematic ties to these concepts are encouraged but not required. Possibilities include but are not limited to circuit boards, gears/cogs, code (related to web technologies or computer security), binary (zeros and ones), computer networks, etc..