Our current logo was done by a volunteer and our needs as an organization have evolved. We need more fresh sophistication and polish. (Refer to the 2nd file (ACT card (1).tiff for something that the group likes - but WITHOUT the primary colors.)
1) The organization has impact beyond Colorado, so the heavy Colorado flag imagery is not consistent with our long-term vision. We'd like to move away from that, and the idea would be that the state name could change as we grow and expand. (i.e., ACT 4 Arizona, or AZ).
2) The current logo is too busy, doesn't render well in black and white, doesn't reproduce well when small (i.e., on pens or letterhead) and has too many words. We want to remove the phrase "its a mission, not a competition".
3) We need a logo that will give us credibility when we meet with politicians, talk to prospective new members, or anyone else in the industry. We would like it to stand out and be visually identifiable whether we are one of 10 sponsor logos at an event or it's being used as a bumper sticker.
4) We do not want a marijuana leaf or anything that is too overtly connotative of "pot".
5) The green cross, and the medical staff infused with green crosses are popular, but it won't differentiate us. However, given our medical, patient-focused orientation, that is closer to what we would want to see.