Three years ago we were a startup business. Today we are established and growing. It is time for our current logo (located on http://www.controldirection.com and attached) to evolve.
- Our current font is "slider". At the time it was thought this was representing technology and being 'future forward'. Today we think it needs to be more simple.
- We have a 3D type effect, today we think we need something that is more timeless and won't date. We need it to be solid and commanding. We are OK with graduated shades.
- Clients have jokingly told us the current logo reminds them of a Viagra pill. Although we find this funny it's time to address this.
- Other possible ideas are to change the scale of the icon as compared to the brand name. Create some visual drama.
- The company is called Control Direction but we often shorten it to CD when we talk to clients.
- We need a logo that stands up well in black and white when we print documents. We are OK about adjusting the color.
- The assignment is about tweaking what we have and finally we need the new design to be able to scale (up or down easily).