We're a small software publisher looking for a logo/branding for our coporate site and applications.
The deliverables are:
- Standalone Logo (512x512 or bigger)
- Logo with name (Xero Software) for web site/cards/branding
- Favicon (32x32) - for web site - smaller version of the logo
- Gravatar Icon (512x512)-
- Logo/Icon - for use on application icons would be great but not required.
These can all be the same (or not) but should look good at the various resolutions/purposes.
Our applications are targeted at corporate software developers and don't lend themselves to descriptive icons.
So I'd like to use the winning logo/icon as a base and then change to color or letters and or an accent for each product if I can. But this is not a requirement any longer.
- IDM "Ultra" products: http://www.ultraedit.com/catalog
- The latest Microsoft Office icons: (http://products.office.com/en-gb/products)
- Redgate: http://www.red-gate.com/products/
- Our applications will look like this: http://www.getmailbird.com
Our products are geared towards Microsoft Windows users (including Surface tablets) so please follow the Microsoft UI guidelines
What we want to communicate with the logo is trust, stability and good design.
We use Confluence for documentaion, so for the sake of simplicity it would be good to use these color guidelines: https://design.atlassian.com/2.0/pr…ns/colors/
Incorporting the "X" or "Xero" in the icon would be great, but not necessary.
What we don't want to do is be confused with https://www.xero.com
Any questions? Just ask.