COLOR: I'd first like to start off with the colors I chose. I chose gold and blue because, Golden is in my company's name and blue resembles a pool. Also, I'm from San Diego and my local NFL team here is the Chargers. They just so happen to share the same colors.
1) I would like to have the words "Golden" and "State" in gold and the word "Pools" in blue if at all possible.
2) What I'd like for the color scheme of my slogan, is to have all word in blue, except I'd want the word "Gold" or words "Gold Standard" in gold. (I believe this would really exemplify the quality of work I'll be providing my current and prospective customers.)
In the first logo I uploaded, I like their little emblem off to the left and how the company name is situated above their slogan. Having the letters "GSP" embedded in a logo somehow, situated next to "Golden State Pools" while resting above my slogan of "Your Gold Standard in Pool Service" would look really great I think.
In the second logo I uploaded, I like it for similar reason as the first one. The only difference being, is that the logo doesn't have the first letters of the company name.
In the third logo I uploaded, it's simple and straight to the point without a lot for the eye to take in. You're able to see the name and a logo that resembles the wake of a pool that flow into the first letter of the company's name.
In the fourth logo I uploaded, I like how their is a logo is able to identify with their company's name. If going this route, I would like there to be something that is able to do that same with my name along with relating to the people of San Diego. Possibly the Coronado bridge, in either gold or blue (keep in mind that the bridge is actually blue here in San Diego), turning into a water slide at the end of the bridge that then ends at a pool of water at the bottom of the slide with ripples in the water.
In the fifth logo I uploaded, it's clear as day that their logo features a happy person swimming. Something like this can be used with my company's name underneath it. I wouldn't be opposed to possibly adding a San Diego landmark or two in the background as well.
As far as what I'd like to see out of a font, I think it would really depend on how the logo looks and flows.
1) I'm not against having a font that is on the fancier side, but I don't want a font that can't be read easily; cursive, script, etc..
2) I'd prefer, if individual letters are used like in the first logo I uploaded where the letters are off to the left of the name,
3) I'd like them to be in all caps. And an alternate example with at least all the first letters capitalized.
This is my first company I'm starting and my first time using 99designs, so let's have some fun you creative geniuses!