A Poster Design for our next play: ‘Luv' by Murray Schisgal.
INFO NECCESSARY ON THE POSTER:
– Buckland Theatre Company
– in association with
– Park Theatre presents
– by Murray Schisgal
– Directed by Gary Condes
– December 7th 2016 - 7th January 2017
• Park Theatre requirements: Logo & info (attached)
• Buckland Theatre Co logo in either colour of white or red (attached)
LUV is a high-comedy set in the mid 1960’s and takes place on one of New Yorks famous bridges. It’s a mix of absurdist humour and traditional Broadway comedy and our production is a Christmas show that will have the feel-good nostalgia of ‘Neil Simon’ meets ‘Its A Wonderful Life’.
Design wise it must evoke the time ands spirit in which it is set = the mid 1960’s (NB: before flower-power).
The 'despairing misfit' Harry is about to jump off a New York bridge and commit suicide when his old school buddy the 'positive and successful' Milt passes and talks him out of it. After debating life’s purpose they settle on ‘love’ being the only thing thats really worth living for. Enter Milts wife the ‘highly intelligent & strong-willed’ Ellen. The rest of the play involves falling in & out of love with each other through a series of absurd game playing.
NB: Read the play for a full understanding.
1. Please follow instructions of layout of poster in the guide attached ("Park_Aposter_Guide.pdf")
2. Any graphics used must also be capable of being represented in the a variety of different sizes for online use.
SIZING: Exact pixels, width x height as below
• Hi-res poster (please see "Park_Aposter_Guide.pdf" for specification) - layered .PSD
• 940 x 420 with title treatment - digital use JPG with a max file size of: 150kb MAX
• 940 x 420 without title treatment - digital use JPG with a max file size of: 150kb MAX
PLEASE NOTE: there will be follow up work for the show's digital presence (which will largely be the poster adapted into different dimensions to be used across social media and online banner advertising).