Please note, the contest is for the disk label for the software application but will also be needing the CD label artwork. The label will have nearly the same look and feel.
Looking for a fresh new design for a software disk label for the cover and also for the disk cover. I am currently using Microsoft Publisher for the cover and Epson Print CD for the CD label. I want to continue to use these as I am all set up for printing and making small changes when necessary (version number and installation instructions on the inside of the CD cover). You do not need to provide me with the files in these formats, though that would be nice. Will only need the final complete images so I can include them in the projects. JPEG and PNG files will do just fine.
I will actually be asking for two of each (2 covers and 2 labels). However, only slightly different colors will be needed for the two and they'll have different product names.
The product is a software study guide program that resembles a hangman-style game. The user is presented with a clue to the mystery word and then chooses the letters to solve the word. In place of the traditional hangman icon, we are using the icon known as My Plate (see myplate.gov for the image). Above I mention "2 needed". As it turns out, in the nutrition profession, there are registered dietitians (RD) and dietetic technicians (DTR). So there are two products: RD Hanging with Nutrition and DTR Hanging with Nutrition. The basics of the program are the same for both products, but there are slight differences for each, depending on the user's area of study.
For the colors:
I am open to the colors, but would like to have the main colors of the program light and inviting. Currently, RD Hanging with Nutrition is a peachy color, and DTR Hanging with Nutrition is a pinkish color. I'd like to refrain from blue and green as main colors as these are being used for my other software products.
I'd like the colors to be light and inviting, pastel-ish if you would. The nutrition profession is approx 90% women. The main colors should be a little different for both products to differentiate.
Comments on the current cover and what I need:
* The title should be prominent. You'll see in the attached example that the word "HANGING" is a little jumbled. Please have fun with this as you feel fit.
* The textbox below is something I'd like to continue with. Text as follows: For the RD Hanging with Nutrition "A Fun Interactive Study Tool In Preparation For the Registration Exam For Dietitians". And for the DTR Hanging with Nutrition "A Fun Interactive Study Tool In Preparation For the Registration Exam For Dietetic Technicians". Note the only difference in these subtitles are "Dietitians" and "Dietetic Technicians"
* Below that is the version number. Please include somewhere on the cover a spot for the version number, but leave it blank so I can make changes as the software is updated
* I'd like some mention (icons are fine) that the software is compatible with Windows and Mac ** see below
* The logo should be included (logo image attached) ** see below
* The website included (http://www.visualveggies.com) ** see below
* Optional - The verbiage "This program may only be registered on one computer"
For the CD label:
* Colors to match the cover
* The title of the program. "RD Hanging with Nutrition" or "DTR Hanging with Nutrition", respectively
* Including the logo is optional
* I will be inserting the version number, so please leave me some space or you can include a spot for it
** I recently ran another design contest for another software product. In order to keep consistent with that product, I would like similar use and placement of the Windows and Mac icons, the Visual Veggies Software logo, and the website address. Main artwork and colors should be different though. Please take a look at the winning design in that contest here: http://99designs.com/product-label-…bel-248896
That's all I can think of. Good luck and please be creative!