We have about 30 - 40 LED lighting products which will need packaging, this is the first product. The LED market is extremely competitive at the moment, so we need the packaging to look exciting and sophisticated and perhaps promote the 'Green' credentials of LED lighting. It should also be attractive enough to stand on a retail shelf, though the main audience is building contractors purchasing from wholesalers. There are a few requirements in terms of the technical data that must be included on the packaging for legal reasons as follows: (These are all headings, I can supply the actual data for each header further down the line)
1) The Lumen output (in Lm) should be written in a font 2 x as large as the other technical stats
2) Lifetime (in hrs)
3) Colour (in K)
4) Switching cycles (will be a number)
5) Warm up time (in seconds)
6) The package should show that the lamp is Dimmable
7) A graphic to show the dimensions of this lamp versus the dimensions of the non-LED light it replaces (I have uploaded the sketch of both sizes)
8) Lamp dimensions (as per image above) to be written also
9) Beam angle (in degrees)
10) Package should also describe the light as 'Equivalent to 50W GU10'
11) 1 side of the package is reserved for the Energy Rating (which must be plain white background with the image made up by components which I will upload) (see this for example - http://www.which.co.uk/energy/savin…y-labels/)
On the top flap I would like to have a way for someone sending the product out to be able to mark which specific colour (choice of 3) the lamp in the box is - so perhaps an empty radio button that could be colour in (colour 1 = 2,700K, colour 2 = 4,000K, colour 3 = 6,000K)
We also need to include a small image of the 'wheelie bin', CE logo, and ROHS
That's it as far as specific requirements go, as far as the design goes you can be creative, but take into account that we would like our logo to be present on the packaging (I will upload this also) as well as our website http://www.q-ledlighting.com.
I have uploaded the dimensions of the packaging for you to work with as well as a number of other components you will find useful.